Chronicling Lexi
12.27.2005
Tiny Hands
I love Lexi's tiny hands, the tiny fingers and little sharp nails. I love the way they grab my finger and hold on tight. She loves her hands, too. A newborn houdini, she always manages to get them out of her miracle blanket swaddle and likes to keep them up near her face.

It's amazing to me to imagine what those hands will be used for in the future: picking up dry cereal in a pincer grasp, clapping, playing notes on a violin, penning poetry, painting pictures, kneading bread dough... For today, they are just the tiny hands of a newly born babe.
posted by kristen @ 10:21 AM  
1 Comments:
  • At 12/30/2005 11:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    it's fun having a newborn the same time as your Lexi blog. Alice loves wiggling her hands out too. it seems I'm the only one who can swaddle her tight enough to keep them in (and she sleeps better that way).

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Links
Previously
Archives
Powered by

BLOGGER